Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Colin Powell Is Ready To Endorse

Story is here.

Bradley was the black Gerald Ford, a slow witted tool of the L.A. westside political machine (which whored itself out to local developers). A nice enough guy to be sure, but just not exactly what I would call a leader. L.A. had already started deteriorating under Mayor Yorty, so I don't totally blame Bradley for the frightening level of homicides in L.A. at the time, but he sure didn't do much to ameliorate it.

That therefore made that gubernatorial election a Hobson's choice because George Deukmejian hated anyone who didn't make into seven figures. Not exactly swift upstairs himself, but his staid conservatism apparently made him more palatable to the electorate. I held my nose and voted for Bradley.

Willie Brown is a no good hustler. There is an analogy I have always made of Brown, but it would probably be censored even though it is extremely appropriate. He was a big water carrier for the insurance industry and should have been locked up for it.

Again, I am a Democrat, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

Approved

Note: There was another post I wrote parodying the "Obama is too exotic" cant of McCain by applying it to Colin Powell, whose parents are Jamaican. I even put an emoticon with it to let everyone know I was joking. That one got censored. Again, the HuffPo moderators are humor challenged.

No comments: